P272 is legislation that requires any Non Half Hourly (NHH) meters with profile class of 05, 06, 07 or 08 to be changed to Half Hourly Automatic Meter Reads (AMR) by April 2017. The aim of the legislation is to support a smarter more energy efficient market and all organisations with these meters are affected
Your AMR will need to be analysed and maintained by an appointed Meter Operator (MOP) and Data Collector (DC). Your supplier may assign you a MOP & DC on your behalf, but with help from our energy experts you could make an annual saving of approximately £700 for every metering point requiring a change.
We’re geared up to offer you independent advice and support to make the process simple whilst ensuring you’re taking all the necessary steps to being compliant.
Are you affected?
The P272 legislation is a mandatory requirement to your business if you:
- Have any Non Half Hourly (NHH) meters with Profile Class 05-08 that
- The supply contract has not been renewed between 29 October 2014 and 5 November 2015
- The supply contract is up for renewal between 5 November and 1 April 2017
- The supply contract is up for renewal after 1 April 2017
What we’ll do for you:
- Check the extent to which the new regulation impacts your business to help minimise the potential risk
- Conduct a thorough analysis to provide you with detailed insight, to mitigate any additional costs
- Help you find the right MOP and DC to ensure you are getting the most cost-efficient deal